She Got Her Own ft, Ne-Yo & Fabolous

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Dwight Howard Out Shined Lebron James

At the end of last season I ask the question if Boston could repeat and the attitude and mentality of the team suggested they could. As I stated the saga would continue, and continue it did. After the way it ended all would have bet their last dollar that we would witness a Celtics-Lakers Finals this time around. Somehow even though I suspected that this could be true, my love for Lebron James and Kobe Bryant have me dying for a Finals match-up between the two players who have been said to "be like Mike". As the Playoff draw to a close it was quite clear that what I had hoped for would be or so I thought along with the millions who thought the same. Who would have thought that the Orlando Magics would be this resilient. On the real I never expected this, it was no surprise that they could play like this, but to be in the Finals....now that was unexpected. You know how we are always trying to compare players to the great Michael Jordan well nothing is wrong with that...just know there will never be another MJ. Dwight Howard reminds me of Shaquille Oneal. They were both drafted by the Magics, both adapted the nickname Superman, both played with the same dominance of the paint, both have brought the Magics to the NBA Finals. You may argue that Dwight is not as dominance as Shaq, but Dwight is still young and have a lot more development to go through. Jordan have left his legacy in the able hands of the likes of Kobe, Lebron, Dwade, as so....Now it's safe to say the Shaq can be confident to leave his legacy safely the hands of Dwight Howard. The last time the Orlando Magics were at the Finals was 1995 when Shaq dominance took them there. Like Shaq, Dwight have done the same. The one question now is....Can Dwight lead the Magics to an NBA Championship? He will have to go through Kobe and his gang, but I can tell after winning against the Celtics and Cavs I bet he his confidence level is as high as a kite.

No comments: