She Got Her Own ft, Ne-Yo & Fabolous

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Round 2


Surprises, surprises.....some not as surprising as some, but they are in the end. Second round of the NBA Playoffs and some things are going my way and some are not. Now as you may know I choose the Los Angeles Lakers and Cleveland Cavaliers to face off in the Finals from the start of the season, and I am still sticking with my choice until one of them loses out. Now everyone had speculated the Houston Rockets were the team to beat the Lakers in the West and so far no team looks good enough to beat the Cavaliers. Last night the Rockets copped game 1 at the Staples Center which proves the analysts right. That puts a dent in the Lakers plan.....just a dent and nothing more. It will take more than winning game 1 to stop Kobe and I can bet he will come back in game 2 unstoppable. It's not over until the fat lady sings.

Orlando on the the other hand held of the defending Champs Boston Celtics to take game 1, now that was surprising. Can they upset and eliminate the Defending Champs? Hmmm.....that's an intriguing thoughts. It's the NBA and one must learn to always expect the unexpected. No one expected the Bulls to take the Celtics to game 7 and surely no one suspected Dallas to eliminate the Spurs, so anything is possible at this point in time. Denver is up 1-0 on Dallas and I am confident that they will make it to the Conference Finals and with the way they are playing I won't be too surprise if they get to the Finals. Now don't say I am way ahead of myself cause we all know everything can change (finger snap) just like that. I wonder how the Cavs will fear tonight against the Hawks. Win no doubt, but then again anything can happen. Atlanta in my opinion can run with the Cavs. But the big question is: Can they stop Lebron James? Well, it would be impossible to him stop in for 48 minutes but if they can limit him somehow, they might stand a slight chance. They will have to let Mo and the rest of the guys beat them if they hope to win even 1 game in this series. I am not too worried about the Cavs as I am worried about the Lakers. Sure Kobe is a competitor and he will bring it night after night, but can the rest of the team be as competitive as he is. Then again it all boils down to who have the better supporting cast.

No comments: