She Got Her Own ft, Ne-Yo & Fabolous

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Why So Angry???????


Sometimes I feel like people are deliberately trying to upset me or pick on me for some reason or another. I don't know maybe I'm delusional or something. Like when simple things happen and they blow it out of proportion. You know at one time I use to just speak my mind and don't care who gets hurt. I use to get chastised for it. People being like it's not what you said but how you said it. I didn't care about that, as long as I said what I have to say, that was it. But the older you get the wiser you become. You know like the older the moon the brighter the shine, something like that. I am still learning how to control how I say things and I am starting to be sensitive about the effect of what I say have on people. As a result of that to most people who never me before 2 years ago would say I am soft. But that's not it all. Ever since my son was born I have been on the path to redemption. I try to be a calmer more sympathetic person, but sometimes there is that one person or persons who are there to test your faith. I am trying to resist the temptation to blurt out what's on my mind there and then. But at times I just hold my tongue cause when I speak my mind I tell the truth about what think of the person which in most cases is way out of line. I also tend to wear my emotions on my shelves metaphorically speaking. So not only do I say what's on my mind I show the emotions that I am experiencing at the said time which is a terrible combination. What I started doing is counting to 10 before I answer and frankly it's working to an extent. I think I will get better at mastering the whole self control, but I am taking it one step at a time. Did you know for every minute that you are angry, you lose 60 seconds of happiness? I love to laugh I don't know why, actually I am still trying to figure that out. I don't like being angry and I hate to speak when I am angry. So when I get angry I listen to music or sing a song or just laugh at the whole situation. Cause if you speak when you are angry you'll make the best speech that you will ever regret. If you can't answer in a calm way then shout your trap for a soft answer turneth away wrath but grievous words stir up anger. I will try my best to be like the duck, calm on the surface, but always paddling like the dickens underneath. I think George Herbert(Welsh Poet and Priest) said it best "Be calm in arguing, for fierceness makes error a fault and truth discourtesy".

No comments: