She Got Her Own ft, Ne-Yo & Fabolous

Monday, February 9, 2009

Show Stoppers.....whop there it is!!!!!


go..go..go Kobe it's not your birthday, but we gonna party like it's ur birthday. Who cares if he's like Mike or not, it's obvious he is one of the greatest basketball players, no doubt. Kobe came out battling the flu and scored 19 points. Lebron James who was healthy as an ox scored 16 points. The Lakers won 101-91. I have to admit the Lakers played superior basketball, they took away Lebron's comfort zone and made him pass the ball, he had 12 assist. They cut off his drive down the lane and made him shoot jump shoots.....which was contested. But the real star of the game was Lamar Odom, he was superb and he played with the same high energy and intensity he played with against the Celtics....he scored 28 point(season high) and 17 rebounds. The Lakers must be a pain in the rectum for top teams. They end the Celtics win streak and now they hand Cleveland their first home lose of the season ending their 23 home games win streak.....talk about show stoppers. If they were trying to send a message....trust they did. Last season around this time they lost Trevor Ariza and Andrew Bynum and they traded for Pau Gasol. They made it to the finals without Andrew and Pau was still trying to find his way in their system. Even with Trevor back they still could not overcome the hump....which happened to be the Celtics. However, this season guys are older and have experienced the Finals in the worst possible way and I am sure they will not let it happened again. They are more mature and with Lamar in the starting line up and playing the way he is playing I think they could go all the way. Now that they proof they can beat the 2 top teams in the East on their own turf, all they need to do is handle the Spurs. We all know that the Spurs always play their best basketball after the All-stars break....even though they are 6.5 games behind the Lakers they are known to make that big push.

You know I have to admit this is the first time in a long while that I am all for the Lakers. In 2000 I wanted them to win so bad.....you know the Shaq and Kobe duo. Then in 2001 I wanted Allen Iverson to get the win....which the Lakers copped again. 2002 I cheered for the Lakers even though J.Kidd was probable deserving of the win. This is the best Lakers team I have seen since then and I love it. Besides I am a Kobe, Lamar Odom, Trevor Ariza, Derek Fisher, Sasha Vujacic, Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum and Jordon Farmar fan so what can I say I might as well love the team. As for the East I never was and never will be a Celtics fan, but I am however a Cavaliers and Magic fan.....wait a second I like ever teams except Celtics and the Pistons (I lose all love for the Pistons ever since "The Malice at the Palace....you know the Indiana vs Detroit showdown). Enough of that.

Anyways, the San Antonio Spurs whop the Celtics 105-99. This means the Lakers is the only team without double digits loses. Orlando Magic gave the New Jersey a sound whopping 101-84. Oh and Dallas Mavericks Jason Terry broke is wrist and will be out for awhile....man I wanted him to get the Sixth Man of year award but this just puts a dent in things....oh well I guess it will go to Richard Hamilton of the Piston. I can't complain though he would deserves it.

Also, remember Lebron's 52 points, 10 rebounds and 11 assists making him the first player since Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (1975) to score 50 points and recording triple double. Well that wasn't long live cause the NBA review the tape and said that the rebound that was credited to Lebron with 39 seconds to go in the game, was an error and that the rebound was Ben Wallace's. Bummer....talk about picking you and up and dropping you like hot bread. Never fear Lebron you have a lot of time to go it again.

No comments: